When you buy 3 pounds of raisins from Tofino Ucluelet Culinary Guild, what do you do with them? Make everything feature raisins, which I love. However, my best friend growing up, Stephie, absolutely hated oatmeal raisin cookies. She believed that it was a nasty trick someone was playing on people because the raisins look like chocolate chips. I can see that, but I love raisins, especially organic ones. This bag of raisins is slowly dwindling as Dave and I have been using it for so many recipes. He made delicious raisin sourdough bread with it, I made these cookies and bircher muesli for breakfast with them and he also added them to a cinnamon swirl pastry he made. Stay tuned for all these tasty recipes. For now, here is my new favourite cookie recipe. I would have to say it's tied with that chocolate chip cookie recipe I posted awhile ago. They are equally chewy and delicious! You can be the judge on what's the best flavour: Chocolate Chip or Oatmeal Raisin!
Recipe: (From my favourite baking blog: A Cozy Kitchen)
- 3 cups oats
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup butter (melted)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup raisins (this recipe originally called for 6 oz chocolate chips)
- Mix dry ingredients together in a medium bowl
- In a second bowl mix together the melted butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla (you can do this in a stand mixer if you prefer.)
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and combine well.
- Stick in fridge for an hour or even overnight if you want.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Scoop out balls of dough and place on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (I kept mine in for 12 minutes though.)
- Let cool then enjoy!
This recipe made quite a bit but it is perfect to share with friends or even throw some in the freezer. I always love baking for people in my life so when a recipe gives me this many cookies it's perfect! Hope you like them as much as I did! Be sure to check out A Cozy Kitchen, her recipes are delicious and her blog is beautiful!