This Sunday I am bringing you a delicious recipe that is one of my mum's go to. These muffins are so delicious, moist and healthy, you will want to make them for your week of snacks. My mum is a fantastic baker and it's where I got my knack for baking. Her specialties are muffins and scones and I always ask her for new recipes to try and make to share with all of you. I hope that one day I will have as extensive of a recipe book as my mum does, maybe even a cookbook one day! (But that's a little ways away at the minute.) These 'Very Orange' muffins are just that! The perfect breakfast muffin to wake you up or for an afternoon snack, whenever you choose to take a bite you will not be disappointed! Read below for the surprising and easy recipe...
- 1 whole orange
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup soft butter
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Cut orange in half. Remove stem and any seeds.
- Place orange in blender and blend until rind is completely ground. Add next 4 ingredients: orange juice, raisins, egg and butter, and blend.
- Mix dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Add the wet mixture to dry mixture until well combined.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- The recipe makes 12 large muffins.