As you all know from reading previous posts, my dad is an amazing cook and my mum is an incredible baker. Since I can remember my dad would make meatballs, which I absolutely love. Whenever I go back to Victoria my dad asks what I want for dinner while I'm at home and I always say pasta and almost always say meatballs. Just ask any of my friends or cousins who have tried them and they would agree, Mario's pasta and meatballs are the best! He doesn't use recipes for anything so when I decided to make them with Dave the other week I called him for his "recipe." All he replied with was: "It's so easy!" Below is a rough recipe with homemade tomato sauce you can find in one of my previous posts. Make it for a date night and impress your loved one with this delicious recipe.
- 1 package of ground pork (I don't eat beef so I use pork but you could even use, turkey, chicken or crumbled tofu)
- 1/2 cup or so of grated parmesan
- 1 egg
- handful of chopped up fresh parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- handful of breadcrumbs (or leave them out if you are GF)
- In a large bowl mix together all ingredients.
- Don't be afraid to get dirty and use your hands. Roll them into small balls and place aside.
- Heat up frying pan with a small amount of oil. When hot, place meatballs on the pan and begin frying.
- Fry for 5-10 minutes, until cooked through.
- Remove from heat and add to already made tomato sauce.
- Boil pasta according to directions and heat up tomato sauce and meatballs again.
- Serve up with grated parmesan on top and fresh chopped parsley.
Enjoy with a glass of wine. Perfect for a Sunday night dinner. This recipe made quite a few meatballs (over 15) so there were leftovers for lunch or dinner the next day.