Now that I am back from holiday I am in full on baking mode. For those of you who live nearby, count yourself lucky because you're going to be my taste testers. I have been watching the Great British Bake Off obsessively and I am feeling quite inspired to try out some new baked goods and recipes, so stay tuned!
While I was still in Victoria last week I was flipping through my mum's recipe book and found a cookie recipe I had never made before. I wanted something with a little more to it then your average chocolate chip cookie so I chose this recipe to make to bring up for snacks on Mt. Washington. Everyone was pleased with how they turned out and it gave them the energy for all those hours spent on the slopes. Enjoy as a snack or a little dessert after dinner!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chocolate chips
1. Blend butter, eggs, vanilla and honey.
2. Combine dry ingredients and rolled oats. Mix with creamed mixture.
3. Blend in nuts, raisins and chocolate chips.
4. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheet (or use parchment paper like I did.)
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes (mine took a bit longer, 10-12 mins.)