I am in full on Christmas baking mode and I couldn't be more excited. Until we leave (which is in just 10 days) I thought I would post some Christmas cookie recipes. These are delicious and easy to make and something different from your typical sugar cookie, shortbread or gingerbread cookies. They are really chocolatey without being too sweet and the perfect snack for when you want something delicious. Next time you're stuck on something to bake why not try these ones?
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4 squares of dark semi-sweet chocolate, melted and cooled (I used chocolate chips)
1. Mix all ingredients together and chill dough for 10-15 minutes.
2. Remove from fridge and roll into small balls. Roll in white sugar then icing sugar.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes.
4. Cool completely and enjoy!