Can you believe it's November already? I can't! Before you know it Christmas will be here in no time. I wanted to start a new series with some personal goals for myself. It's hard when I work full time and try to keep this blog up as well to also take time for myself and loved ones. It's been just over a year since I started this blog and I can't believe I am still working on it. I wasn't sure how this adventure would turn out, whether I would hate it, love it, whether anyone would actually read it. It is slowly growing, I am trying to branch out to include my beauty routines, more posts about art (my true love) and get myself out there through social media, which I am finding to be very difficult. Below are some of the things I would like to work on over November, and into December since my holidays are coming up pretty quick!
1. Teach myself a new skill. When I first started this blog, just making a website was a big achievement for myself (if you know me you will understand, I am completely computer dumb.) I would love to make my blog a little more cohesive, something I am currently working on. Easier for people to access the recipes they are looking for or outfits they want to recreate.
2. Read more. This is a big one and probably the hardest for me to do at the moment. Right now my life consists of working full time, working out before or after work (usually after,) writing at least 3-4 blog posts a week and also you know eating, sleeping, spending time with Dave. So reading has definitely fallen on the back burner in my life. I just started a new book (about a month ago though) that I am so excited about and love but still don't find the time to read it. I'm really looking forward to having the time over my holidays to read the whole book and hopefully another!
3. Try a new type of exercise. I have been running for most of my 20's and now that I'm living in Ucluelet I find it a lot harder to run here. The hills are massive and kill me and I just can't find a route that I absolutely love. So I decided to sign Dave and I up to try TRX at The Studio with Body By Kara. It's a 6 week program and it starts on Monday and I'm quite excited about it. I find I get bored of doing the same workout all the time and as I get older it is harder to stay in as good of shape so I'm hoping this helps!
4. Plan date nights. As you can probably grasp from my above goals I seem to always be busy these days. Sometimes you can get in a rut of making dinner with your partner and then sitting down to watch TV for the night, especially in the winter. I'm trying to make a point that every time it's not raining out, even if it is dark after work, I make sure we get out for a walk. Or make dinner together, go out for dinner once and awhile. Even getting coffee together on the weekends to break the mundane work week up is important.
5. Finding more me time. I always forget to sit down and relax. Even if it for an hour, watching my favourite TV show or having a bath I need to get back into the habit of doing that. I also love face masks and doing at home manicures and pedicures so I'm hoping to do more of that. Hopefully tied into some blog tutorials of how I do my nails and makeup. I just need to realize that although there is always going to be something to do, I need to make sure I also take the time to focus on myself or else I'll get too tired, drained and sick (especially at this time of year!)
Do you have any goals for the next month or before the craziness of the holidays begin?